Embark on an exciting travel career with ConVerdia!
Many healthcare professionals are opting for a travel career that offers not only great compensation but also the opportunity to explore their dream cities/states while pursuing their passion for helping people. For 13 weeks, you can immerse yourself in a new culture, meet new people, and even indulge in new culinary experiences. Although your assignment keeps you busy, it’s essential to consider what to do on your days off or even after your contract ends. Some travelers prefer multiple contracts back-to-back, while others find value in taking some time off to rejuvenate and reconnect with family and friends. Here are a few ideas to consider for your adventures:
Bold and Adventurous Fun:
- The life of a travel nurse will open the door to a wide range of experiences and adventures. If you love to see new places and spaces, this lifestyle enables you to work and explore. You may even be able to check off items from your “bucket list”. Research your new destination before you leave by Googling the Top Ten things to do. Once you arrive, ask “the locals” what their recommendations would be for food, fun and adventure. It’s a great way to break the ice and meet new people. While on this great adventure, plan a mini vacation for yourself or gather friends to join you on your road trip. Enjoy it all while you make a difference in the community and the lives of others.
Visit Family and Friends:
- While on contract you may be away from home. Balancing work and life in this career path means creating opportunities to spend quality time with friends and family. Spend time exploring your hometown and see what has changed, enjoy a meal at your favorite restaurant, or celebrate your homecoming by gathering with friends and family. If returning home isn’t an option, select a place between your location and your loved ones to meet and enjoy a mini vacation together. Being around your favorite people after a demanding contract will help you recharge and prepare for your next opportunity.
- A career in nursing is a call to help others. Maybe you have a calling to help others even outside of work. Use your break to pursue your other passions and volunteer at the same time. A love for animals might find you volunteering at a local animal shelter. A love for children might find you mentoring kids at a school or organization like Big Brothers Big Sisters of America. No matter your passion, there are endless volunteer opportunities where you can make a positive impact.
Staycation at Home:
- As a homeowner, there are always tasks that require attention. Whether it’s some fix-it jobs, updating the landscape or shopping for new furniture, the chores can seem never-ending. If some of these tasks require contractors, landscapers, or other specialists, make sure to schedule appointments well in advance, as their availability can be limited during the warmer months. Working on your home not only gives you a sense of accomplishment but also allows you to personalize your space. After being away for a demanding 13 weeks, there’s nothing quite like the feeling of unwinding in the comfort of your own home.
Time For You:
- Finally, during your time off, prioritize self-care. Spend time doing things you love and that bring you joy. Plan a day of solo adventuring by going on a hike or trying out a new restaurant. Treat yourself to a spa day or unwind at home and catch up on favorite shows or books. Engage in activities that interest you and provide an escape. Remember, taking time for yourself is crucial for maintaining good health and mental well-being.
When You Are Ready Again:
- Lastly, when you are ready to embark on your next travel adventure and contract, you should know that there are options to make the experience even more inviting and comfortable. Think about traveling with friends or family. Refer a fellow nurse and travel together. By traveling together, you can share in the adventure, bring a little piece of home with you and make a positive impact.
- If you’re a nurse seeking adventure and an opportunity to make a difference, click here to apply today and embark on an exciting travel nursing career!